Job Title: Education Specialist, Field-Based
Immediate Supervisor Title: Client Experience Manager
Intelligent Retinal Imaging Systems (IRIS) was founded in 2011 with a vision to End Preventable Blindness and save sight for millions of people by identifying eye disease early through the development and deployment of innovative and comprehensive screening programs. The IRIS team has been described as one of the most capable healthcare IT think-tanks in the United States with a track record of developing breakthrough software solutions and practice management services that have already begun to broadly impact the U.S. healthcare landscape. IRIS partners with forward-thinking providers and payers alike to improve quality outcomes, increase patient access, and reduce overall healthcare costs, creating a better healthcare system.
IRIS is seeking a full-time, field-based client Education Specialist. Primary responsibilities are delivering onsite and virtual, client education to both new and existing clients. Most training sessions consist of teaching Primary Care Clinic staff the functions and how to operate equipment, cloud-based software, and IRIS best practices for the Diabetic Eye Exam. This Specialist will also work with clients to troubleshoot post-implementation Program Quality issues, leveraging phone skills, email, and technologies including web meetings, conference calls, and other communication tools.
Client Education Specialists must be comfortable in a professional clinic environment, often interacting with clinic staff ranging from camera operators to physicians and must have communication skills that are adaptable based on the need.
Presentation skills, including PowerPoint Sessions and Live Platform demonstrations may be required during the course of site visits, and the Field Educator must be fluent with both technology and process.
The Education Specialists must also be able to demonstrate and train clients in a virtual manner. The Specialist must be or become proficient in all technologies needed to administer training virtually, including software and hardware tools. The Specialist must also be able to maintain proficiency and effectiveness training clients virtually as new technologies are implemented.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Become a Subject Matter Expert in IRIS platform – including software and hardware – to deliver effective training to Primary Care and Specialty Care clinic staff at all levels, both in-person and virtually.
• Become a Subject Matter Expert in the cameras and equipment used by IRIS clients for the IRIS program.
• Review new and revised training course materials, handouts, instructional aids and presentations, providing feedback to IRIS Educational Team to keep content fresh, relevant, and valuable.
• Set up, test, and validate hardware as needed for implementation and training.
• Engage participants in hands-on learning and adjust training style to meet clinic staff needs.
• Working with Implementation and Support Teams, troubleshoot technical issues prior to and during training.
• Excellent oral and written communications to prepare training materials and reports using Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Exemplary planning and time management skills
• This role requires extensive travel. Generally the Education Specialists are traveling 75+% of the month (usually overnight), as this role is designed to provide onsite training and support for our clients.
• Other duties as assigned
• Technologically savvy with the ability to educate on hardware, software, and corporate mission
• Strong soft skills for working in direct patient care
• Medical Device or Capital Equipment training experience and/or previous work experience in a clinical setting strongly preferred
• Ability to understand workflow and standardization, and to educate to workflow as much as hardware and software
• Experience in service ticketing systems is preferred
• Outgoing and comfortable, working with diverse groups of people while maintaining high standards of professionalism
• Critical thinker, with the ability to recognize trends where new or enhanced education resources would improve program performance
• Post-secondary education may include College Degree, Medical or Technical Certifications, Process Improvement such as Six Sigma or Lean desirable
• 1 - 3 years of teaching / training / coaching - Medical Device or Capital Equipment experience is a plus
• Excellent presentation and training skills
• Ability to adjust training styles for a variety of users
• Ability to learn new applications quickly
• Excellent client service skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Daily commuting and overnight travel is required in this position
• Ability to cover travel expenses up to $5,000 up to 30 days until reimbursed
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, and is required to talk and hear
• Ability to lift 80+ pounds, and work with equipment in a clinical setting
• The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and walk
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Ability to sit, type, and view a computer screen up to 8 hours at a time
• Ability to use telephone / headset for up to 8 hours at a time
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location: Preference is for this person to reside in Pensacola, FL but it can be a remote position, in a city with a hub airport for optimal time management/travel required
Job Status: Full-Time / Benefits Eligible
Salary: Based on experience