NOTE: This position is being post for ECARE on behalf of IRIS.
Position Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full time; 40 hours per week
Salary range: TBD
The Program Manager functions as the primary volunteer and school partnership manager, ensuring the recruitment and retention of enthusiastic and effective volunteers to support the key components of Project Ready: Reading Pals, family involvement efforts and classroom support. The Program Manager must focus on building a sustainable volunteer team while maintaining active, positive collaborations with education, non-profit and corporate partners. The Program Manager will lead a mission-driven, cohesive volunteer team in achieving short and long term program goals.
Volunteer Recruitment and Retention
- Recruit, interview, screen, place and supervise volunteers, interns, and work study students assigned to program support
- Ensure that inquiries from potential volunteers receive responses within two business days
- Coordinate Reading Pal volunteer orientations and trainings
- Provide on-going guidance and support to volunteers
- Ensure that phone/ personal contact is initiated with each volunteer at least once every nine weeks
- Solicit and respond to volunteer questions and concerns
- Ascertain the compatibility of the volunteer-student match and troubleshoot challenges
- Regularly review volunteer hours and session notes and address absences or concerns in a timely manner
- Maintain volunteer opportunities and content on agency website, social media platforms and volunteer recruitment websites
- Coordinate annual appreciation activity by June 15
- Conduct annual 360 evaluation of volunteer program by June 30 and report results to Executive Director
- Maintain accurate records of volunteer contact information and service hours
- Provide guidance and supervision to interns and office volunteers.
- Conduct two Reading Pal mid-semester trainings per year completed by December 1 and March 15
- Communicate with volunteers electronically at least five times per year to keep them informed about and connected to ECARE
Partner, Funder and Community Relations
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key staff at volunteer locations including administrators, site coordinators, classroom teachers, teacher assistants and office staff
- Provide site support through regular visits and site management as needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts at partner organizations and businesses
- Develop an understanding of school, district and non-profit partner missions, policies, procedures and protocols
- Represent ECARE at community or partner meetings as assigned
- Provide accurate reports as requested for RSVP Program
- Compile information as requested by Executive Director for quarterly and annual funding reports
- Oversee supply drives and ensure donations are organized and distributed
- Ensure accurate recording of in-kind donations and timely acknowledgements
Special Event Support
- Coordinate ECARE participation in family involvement activities at partner schools upon request of school administration or community partners.
- Consult with administrators, educators and site coordinators to plan and manage monthly book distributions
- Coordinate ECARE participation in annual events including United Way Day of Caring
- Recruit guest readers for literacy events
- Assign duties and provide supervision for special event volunteers
- Actively participate in administrative and logistical functions necessary for successful events and positive volunteer experiences
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- At least three years’ successful work experience with supervisory responsibilities in volunteer management, communications, development or a related field.
The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting with diverse populations including ECARE community sponsors, partners, volunteers and the public and will demonstrate the following skills:
- Superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Constant Contact
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to proactively prioritize competing demands and efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Ability to inspire and motivate others and build a supportive team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and seek ways to make continuous improvements to program quality
- Confidence and sound judgment in decision making
- Interest in continuous professional development
- Valid Florida driver’s license with proof of insurance and access to independent transportation
- Ability to work remotely as needed
- Successful Level II clearance
- Ability to exert at least 25 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Every Child A Reader in Escambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.